Ursuline Education Network
Student Service Award Information
The Ursuline Education Network honors students who model St. Angela’s 10th Legacy: “Never fail to render your neighbor the services that may depend on you” by awarding annual Student Service Awards.
Member schools may each nominate two students, of any grade, who exemplify attributes from the following criteria:
- is a student who models the teachings of St. Angela Merici; sees a need and puts service into action to resolve a difficult situation.
- is a leader who can rally others to assist with the “cause” and can work together to achieve the desired goal.
- an individual who is Christ-like in their approach to need/suffering, someone who puts the needs of others above self.
Students should submit an essay about their service experience and how it has impacted their life. A Faculty Nomination Form and Student Application Form (attached) should be included with each essay.
- Essays should be written using Microsoft Word or Google Doc
- TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 font, single space
- 500 word limit
- Essays should be spell checked/grammar checked.
- Faculty nominator should read/approve essays prior to submission.
Submission deadline is Friday January 19, 2024. Essays, along with the student’s first names and school, will be featured on the UEN website and social media January 26, 2024. Faculty nominators will be emailed a formal letter of congratulations and certificate of honor to be printed at the . school for recognition of the students. Digital copies of completed forms and essays should be directly uploaded by the faculty nominator to the 2024 Service Award Submissions Folder.
Contact Peggy McCormick-Platz with questions.
PO Box 42090 Cincinnati, OH 45242